Babala sa lahat.
It was all started when I had my first credit card, my Citibank Mastercard (excited pa ko nun). A few days after I received my card, someone called named KRIS GARCIA from PPL Marketing Services and telling me that I am granted to have their GOLD CARD with lots of useful benefits. Also, she told me that their company was affiliated with Mastercard along with the ABS-CBN (so naisip kong bigatin).
Before, I used to entertain this kind of selling strategy dahil hindi pa ko nambabagsak ng phone . After she explained all the benefits, the membership fees and conditions, I think I was “hypnotized” to tell my cc number and the 3 digit number at the back of my card. Sabi nya kasi, confirm lang daw nya ung cc number ko (dun pa lang naisahan na ko) but then she told me na i-chacharge na daw yung 5400+ na membership fee. I told her that I haven’t decided if I will go for the PRIVILEGE CARD or not. Pero naipasok na daw. Inaway ko siya dahil dun, pero kahit anong bulyaw ang ginawa ko they will never accept cancellations, nakakainis.
So what I did is to call the CitiPhone, asked if the transaction was already in my account and tadan, andun na nga. Shit. To make the story short, I accepted their offer kahit labag sa loob ko. Now I realized I was scammed.
A few weeks later, I received their package, with a red ribbon cake na inakala kong Braso de Mercedez yun pala e butter lang ata. Sa package:
- Perks Privilege Card with my name.
- Health Partners Dental Access Inc., Dental Health Card
- Hospitalization Card
- Certificate of Cover from Malayan Insurance
- Perks Privilege Card Membership Directory
My first step was to use the Dental Services. Ok naman siya, accepted. (1) Oral Prophylaxis and (2) Permanent Filling. The clinic was located at SM Sta. Rosa but I forgot the name.
Unfortunately, my mom brought to hospital due to high blood and admitted for more than five days. KRIS told me with that GOLD CARD, if me or my beneficiary w/ is my mom hospitalized for more than 5 days, we can reimburse 1000/day. So I called their company (LYN VELASCO whom I talked to) and informed that my beneficiary has been hospitalized. Hospital bills, ids and medical certificate are the things I should send them to process the reimbursement thing. I sent them the requirements through facsimile and promised me that I will be receiving the Php5000 (1000*5 days) in check within two weeks. After two weeks, I called them up to ask how it was. Kesyo pinaprocess pa daw. It was last December 07.
January to April 08, I was in
- Don Henrico’s Pizza, Pasta and More – hindi nila alam yun
- Dr. Marieta G. Capco –
– hindi din alam (they only accepts ccards) Yao – before daw nag aaccept pero ngayon hindi na. Patient First Medical Center
- Garden Spa – no.
- Mandarin Oriental
– oo daw, pero alangan pa din ako baka hindi lang ako naintidihan. Manila
Bellevue – no. Manila
These are their telephone numbers. You can try and see for yourselves. I have my own witnesses while I’m calling them, baka kasi pag nalaman nila to e pakabit agad nila line to save their company’s name.
- (02) 757-0491
- (02) 757-0492
- (02) 757-0493
- (02) 757-0494
Unit 1508 15F
Though I’m just near in the location, I didn’t have the chance to go there dahil conflict sa working hours ko. during weekdays at pag weekends.
Eto yung mga tanong ko:
- Why did they not inform me about my reimbursement? Even I was out of the country, marami silang pedeng kausapin sa office. Actually, I’m not really after the 5k, marami na kong pera wehehehe.
- If they have some technical problems like the telephone, I think they should have at least 1 working line. Malulugi sila nun.
- I am also wondering how did PPL have my details, are they connected to Citibank? All information about the client should be strictly confidential diba?
- Where is the PPL Marketing Services now?
Wala pa kong conclusion about this matter. I am still studying on it. I just like to share my experience to everybody baka kasi may matulad sakin (madali kasi akong maniwala ehehe). Comments, criticisms and suggestions, just type it here. Salamat.